- Sorry, there are no current diary dates
Pupil comments from the CReSTed reports of 2006 & 2009
"you get to learn", "I have improved", "we have fun", "the teachers are funny"
"I prefer this school", "I like my teachers especially my form teacher", "the teaching is good",
" I am making progress", "I have little to complain about!"
Parents comments from the CReSTeD reports of 2006 & 2009:
"the quality of care is excellent", "willing to meet his needs", "thrilled", huge progress in one year"
"excellent leadership," "well structured", "good support staff", "exceptional progress"
"huge difference in George's confidence and his approach to learning"
"delighted with the positive progress Ben is now making and how far he has caught up"
"Laura is now prepared to tackle subjects in a way undreamt of in the past'"
"Christopher now has the ability to ask questions"
Comments in the summary of the ISI report of May 2006
'excellent progress', 'headteacher provides rigorous and informed leadership and management'
'curriculum broad and well planned', 'planning very well informed by assessment'
'teaching is good', 'pupils enabled to develop as effective learners'
''outstanding account taken of individual needs', 'many can transfer to mainstream school'
From the Ofsted report of February 2006
"What the school does well:
- it fulfils its aim of creating a caring and supportive ethos in which pupils flourish and learn;
- it enables pupils to make good progress in developing their literacy and numeracy skills;
- it provides very effective support for pupils' confidence and self-esteem, and as a result their personal development is good;
- its pupils' individual special educational needs are very well supported by the teamwork of the teaching and therapy staff, and by the effort put into writing and reviewing their IEPs;
- its staff form positive relationships with their pupils and know them very well, which helps the pupils to learn effectively; and
- it ensures that parents are very pleased with the school and their children's progress."